Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Meditation Samples

Summer roses at Grace Cathedral
I am really glad that I have figured out how to publish my meditation mp3s online. I have been so focused in the past 3 weeks on preparing the meditations, recording them, and designing the websites to get them out into the world! It has been many hours of flailing around in the [technological] dark, but I am pleased with the results of my first efforts.

These recordings are very simple. It's just me and my computer and the internet. My purpose is to present meditations that anyone can do. It takes neither training nor any special skills or tools. Just a bit of imagination and creativity to begin to see that we can reap the many benefits of meditation easily and quickly.

I look at meditation as a smorgasbord. There are many dishes offered, and you will find some that are delicious and others that are not so appealing. Experiment. The pitches contained in a speaker's voice can resonate with you or they can irritate you. It's very subjective and has to do with the frequencies that your ears hear, as the work of Alfred Tomatis (vocal coach to Maria Callas and Gerard Depardieu, among others) demonstrated. Click here to listen to some examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and making the time to post a comment. Your message will appear shortly.